Sunday, May 16, 2010

Her songs are catchy. Like herpes.


I have a dilemma. I was firmly anti-Ke$ha throughout the "Tik Tok" and "Blah Blah Blah" hoopla, but with the release of her new single, "Your Love Is My Drug," my hatred is wavering. Most of the time, she makes me want to Van Gogh my ears, but then something about her makes me change my mind.

Appearance:
Okay, she looks like the poster girl for Mugatu's Derelicte line, but she has freckles, and I can't loathe a bespeckled face, especially as I feel we are underrepresented in the film and music industries. This is also my excuse for having paid $8.50 to see I Know Who Killed Me in the theatres.

Spelling:
Ke$ha (pronounced Keh-sha and not Key-sha) is clearly too cool for s's or c's, but I'm not sure I can blame her. Her mother's name is Pebe (pronounced like PB & J), and I know about this clearly genetic flair for naming eccentricity because they were featured in an episode of The Simple Life. Really.

Video Evidence:
Most of the time when I watch her videos, I'm pretty sure I'm actually just watching clips from Music and Lyrics...


But then I watch a clip like this- which actually makes more sense than her actual music videos- and I'm drawn back in...


Lyrics:
Okay, most of the time her lyrics don't make any sense, and even though I thoroughly detest the line, "Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack," I can't help but love ones like, "Do you wanna have a slumber party in my basement?" and "I like your beard."

And more things to like:
She organized a benefit concert for flood victims in Tennessee.
She once puked in Paris Hilton's closet, which, let's be honest, is probably bigger than most public bathrooms.

Final call, to love her or to hate her? I think that I'm going to stick with detesting her, at least until she reveals herself to be the lost Olsen twin (well, triplet). Hatred, with a side of listening to "Your Love Is My Drug" on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment