Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Be the Jessica to my Elizabeth? If my name was Elizabeth? And we were twins?


In all the Twilight hubbub, one delightful actress has slipped through the shirtlessness-obsessed, anxious hands of Twihards everywhere. Anna Kendrick, who played Jessica in both the first and second installations of the TWILIGHT SAGA, is gaining popularity as well as my undying love.

She probably got the best deal out of all the actors in the TWILIGHT SAGA, as she gained much of the fame that the main characters did, got to be in one of the highest grossing films of the year, and yet she managed to avoid getting dangerously stalked...except by me, of course. Also, it's common knowledge that characters that aren't trapped in a bottomless pit of angst don't get many lines in the Twilight movies, but she really stole the show with her lines in New Moon.

Now she's starring opposite George Clooney in Up In The Air, and her performance has earned her a Golden Globe nomination. Oh, and she's the second youngest Tony nominee. Y'know, no big.

After I heard all this, I liked her, but it wasn't until after I saw her interview on Jay Leno last night that I officially began my Amanda-Please-style infatuation. During the face-to-face interview, Kendrick likened herself to Scrappy Doo, scolded Jay for being a road-douche, and evaded Leno's semi-vulgar innuendos with "What kind of girl do you think I am?" Later, she participates in Leno's car race, and he continues to ask her ridiculous questions while she's driving A REAL CAR. She responds, and I paraphrase, Dude, I'm not going to answer your questions right now; I am driving a car.

Hey, Anna, if you want to hang out, I promise I won't ditch you to endanger myself in order to hallucinate about my ex-boyfriend. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment