Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fall TV Preview...because apparently there's more on than just Heroes.


After a summer of craptastic television (example: Legally Blondes), I am more than excited for the new fall programs. Here's a rundown of what's up.

YES.
Glee - If I had a job, and that job had a water cooler, this show is what would be discussed in the immediate vicinity of this hypothetical water cooler. Also, I love that Jane Lynch is doing all the promotion for this show. tonight, 9/9 on FOX at 9/8c

Community - The guy from The Soup being less of a douche + Chevy Chase + the British guy from The Daily Show + community college = hilarity. 9/17 on NBC at 9:30/8:30c

MAYBE.
The Middle - A sitcom about middle class suburbia that pits my hatred for Patricia Heaton against my love for The Janitor, ahem, Neil Flynn. My indecision gets them at least one episode. 9/30 on ABC at 8:30/7:30c

Accidentally on Purpose - Even though this show is jam-packed with all the greatest stuff in the world, it probably won't last more than 5 episodes. Said stuff includes Jenna Elfman (whose character is named Billie and is a movie critic and therefore compares everything to the world of cinema), the chick from Extras, and Jon Foster*. 9/21 on CBS at 8:30/7:30c

*Holy crap. I just realized that Jon Foster is not the actor from Get Over It but is instead his younger brother. Hear that? It's the sound of my world shattering.

Mercy - I've had one too many hospital shows, but I will give this one a shot. This singular chance is based on the presence of Michelle Trachtenberg, but if the show sucks, I'll turn on it faster than Harriet the Spy's friends turned on her when they read her diary...and then threw paint on her. 9/23 on NBC at 8/7c

Cougar Town - Okay, I know this show should be in the sub-basement area of the YES, MAYBE, NO category system. However, if you ignore the use of the term "cougar" and the similarities it shares with that awful Debra Messing Lifetime miniseries bullcrap, it seems...well, funny. It's like Drunk Monica meets Liz Lemon in 6 years with best friend Busy Philipps. Sounds like a perfect recipe. 9/23 on ABC at 9:30/8:30c

NO.
Vampire Diaries - And by NO, I mean this show is going to suck, but I'll probably still watch it anyway. Teen angst, vampires, and love triangles are okay separately, but together, they form a boring, overdone trifecta of fail. 9/10 on the CW at 8/7c

Trauma - This show was way better when it was called In A Heartbeat. 9/28 on NBC at 9/8c

No comments:

Post a Comment