Friday, October 2, 2009

And Lloyd Dobler thought that break-up was the end of the world...


I have stumbled onto a glorious mixture of some of my favorite guilty pleasures, but first, a note on scary movies:

I do not find horror movies that scary. I, like many of my peers, have become desensitized to violence and gruesome images over my two decades or so of television-watching. I watch horror movies for the adrenaline rush, oh, and of course for the incessant mocking of predictable story lines, careless choices made by the victims, and the occasional inclusion of Paris Hilton. Sure, these movies make me jump, but they don't truly scare me. This honor goes to the city disaster movies, not because the plots are more likely to happen- War of the Worlds isn't exactly in the urban forecast- but because of the state of panic and hopelessness which is sure to accompany a disaster in a city. The whole no transportation-no communication- everyone for him or herself thing is why movies like Cloverfield actually scare the crap out of me.

That being said, I cannot be more excited for the new film 2012.

Take John Cusack.
Add Amanda Peet.

Add the theory that the world will end in 2012 (A bunch of ancient societies, including the Mayans, predicted this, kindof but not really, according to theorists and the History Channel).


And make it a disaster movie, and I am in LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment