Monday, January 26, 2009

facebook bumper sticker hall of fame.

Or, "Reasons I Constantly Worry About the Future of Our Country Being in the Hands of Those Who Upload Facebook Bumper Stickers."


This particular gem was uploaded mere seconds after "that boy" asked "this girl" if it hurt... when she fell from heaven.




Every time a grammatically-incorrect bumper sticker is uploaded to Facebook, a copy editor loses its wings.  However, I applaud this uploader's creativity in bypassing the usual your/you're conundrum for a mistake that gets a lot less air time.





Because nothing says "I less than three you" like a Facebook bumper sticker.







I love ankle socks just as much as the next person.  No really, I do.  What concerns me here is that someone sat down at a computer, pulled up the Facebook homepage and thought, "Hey, you know what?  I could go read a book, I could go read a newspaper, I could go catch up with those crazy ladies on The View, but instead I'm going to create a bumper sticker that will praise the glory and wonder of day-glo socks."



But seriously.  For the love of all that is holy, will someone please explain to me what this means?

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Veqz8W98iA

    ReplyDelete