Friday, April 10, 2009

facebook bumper sticker hall of fame, revisited.

Cookie Monster = Not green.  Facebook bumper sticker fail.


This, I can appreciate.  Although it makes me feel slightly old and out of touch, as I learned my Spanish from Sesame Street.  I can count from one to ten.



Let's take a little life advice from Taylor Swift on this one, shall we?  "Oh, and it rains in your bedroom, everything is wrong.  It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone.  'Cause I was there when you said FOREVER AND ALWAYS.  You didn't mean it, baby."


And speaking of random Taylor Swift cameos, I'll say it ... I respect this kid.  I had no idea who he was until yesterday, when my sister was telling me a story about the guy who plays Miley's (not Hannah's, Miley's) love interest in the Hannah Montana movie.  Apparently he was getting interviewed on the radio, and the interviewer called him out on starring in some movie with the word pee in the title, and instead of being all, "Yeah, I had to climb my way to the top, the top being starring in a movie where the most-hyped scene is a shoe department fight with Tyra," he said, completely sincerely, something along the lines of, "Yeah, that was a solid film.  I'm really proud to have been a part of it."  On a slightly related note, my sister is 26 and is the only person I know who's willing to go see the Hannah Montana movie with me.



"I never fully understood that expression, but no, I am not 'shitting you.' "


Real bumper sticker art imitates real bumper sticker hall of fame mockery, a la me.


I spent a good couple minutes staring at this bumper sticker, asking myself, "Why is that chapeau-clad man carrying a cane?"  Followed by, "Why is that stick figure sporting a chapeau?"


SAPPY FACEBOOK BUMPER STICKERS, STOP TRYING TO WIN ME OVER WITH YOUR CHUCK TAYLOR THEMED ADORABILITY.  




4 comments:

  1. i laughed to myself at least three times. so i guess i more than three you >3 looks a little weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's too bad there's a minor typo in the best reese witherspoon line of all time. but really... this was well done. i laughed too. a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally butt-crazy in love with JoshApril 15, 2009 at 11:32 PM

    Um, I don't know if you've seen a certain episode of Sesame Street in which a Earth-costume clad Paul Rudd sings to a green Elmo, but if you have, you'd know that sometimes it's not so tough being green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i rolfed with the stick figures comment ....so good

    ReplyDelete