Thursday, August 13, 2009

With a cameo by...Regina Phalange.

The movie Bandslam is out in the theaters tomorrow, and, while I know it's not worth spending the $8, I must consider whether or not it is Netflix-worthy.

Pros:
  • Lisa Kudrow's in it.  And Ryan Donowho.  DonoWHO, you ask?  Johnny from The O.C.  You know, the one who got drunk and fell off a cliff.  No, not Abby.  That was Dawson's Creek, and a pier, not a cliff.
  • (NOTE:  The following 'pro' will be an examination of the social interactions of Disney stars.  If that does not interest you, please move on.)  Okay, so in my mind Vanessa Hudgens and Aly Michalka don't get along at all in real life.  This is because Hudgens is a bad girl (nude pics, gettin' all up on Z'efron) and Michalka, along with her sister, is a total, well, hmm.  Here's a quote, and you can decide for yourself. (http://www.blender.com/guide/68270/tweenage-riot.html)
Do you believe in evolution?
“No,” AJ says, shaking her head and frowning.
“Wait,” Aly says, bolting forward. “Are they teaching that in schools now?”
They’ve been teaching it for the better part of a century.
“I think that’s kind of disrespectful,” Aly says. “Anything that has to do with anybody’s beliefs on religion, that should stay out of the classroom. I mean, I think people should be able to pray in school, if people were into that. Everybody should just do their own gig.”
“Evolution is silly,” AJ adds. “Monkeys? Um, no.”
So, I just think that maybe they're not the best of friends, and pondering this fills my life with joy.

Cons:
  • It appears to be a sub-par, Jack Black-less version of School of Rock.  The main character's description on the film's website is, "the new kid in town, Will knows more about music than...anyone.  He assembles a band to compete at the biggest event of the year, a battle of the bands."  That sounds like creating musical fusion to me.  Oh yeah, and there's a girl who plays the cello.  "Tip it to the side, and CELLO, you got a bass."
  • Samantha Hudgens plays a character named Sa5m.  The 5 is silent.  Samantha Hudgens plays a character named Sa5m.  The 5 is silent.  I thought it might be helpful to read that twice.  Let it sink in.
Alas, it's a tie.  Perhaps Netflix will save me the trouble of deciding and will make it one of the movies I can watch instantly.  I leave you with this...

1 comment:

  1. Somebody I work with had this argument against evolution: The chicken's been a chicken since the chicken's been a chicken. Case dismissed.

    ReplyDelete